Monday, January 13, 2014

Introduction

My Children: Presley (8) & Edrien (5)
Hi! My name is Felicia Sarpong. I am currently a third year student at National Louis University. I have a dual citizenship (United States & Ghana). I was born and raised in Ghana by Ms. Twumasi and Mr. Oscar Cobbah. I am the second child of four; two brothers and a sister, all residing in Ghana. I am a mother of two intelligent and adorable kids, Presley (8years old) and Edrien (5years) old). I enjoy cooking and watching movies, but singing and listening to Gospel music are my favorite. I’m presently working at a daycare center on the North side of Chicago as an assistant teacher. This is my fifteenth year working with children in the classroom. Working with children is my joy and it is something that I cannot do without. As an educator of young children, I always look for new opportunities to grow my knowledge, skills, and competency in order to effectively impact children's lives. I believe that every child has the potential to learn and be successful in his or her own unique way. That is the reason for my keen interest to continue to explore and learn about caring for children in all aspects of their lives. I believe as an educator, preparing children to be able to participate fully in this digital world is very important. Growing up in a small town with little technological innovations using and teaching technology is my greatest challenge. I hope to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge needed to make learning interactive and also accessible for children. It is also essential that as an educator I develop my social well-being. What is more important than having someone with whom to exchange ideas, feelings, resources, and moral support? Lets get together to pull each other up in technology. Thank you. Love all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving us some insight into who you are, Felica. Adorable pictures of your children. What made you decide to pursue education? Is there a major difference between the educational systems in the United States and Ghana?

    ReplyDelete